Day 3 and 4 from tour: Enschede & Berlin
10 more things Ceri and Megan have learnt so far (not that we are too lazy to write a proper full blog but this is more fun!)
- Boy do the Dutch like to party in Enschede on Queen’s Day
- Hotel Bathroom floors can provide partial respite away from the noise of the Queen’s day partying
- It’s possible to check out of a hotel, board a bus and almost leave before remembering your instrument is still in your bedroom.
- A bit of turbulence on a plane is not directly related to the volcanic ash in the atmosphere
- The hotel Maritim in Berlin is amazing but the pens in the Dutch Eden hotels are much better.
- The Philharmonie in Berlin is a fantastic building, but the Artists Entrance is incredibly difficult to find
- The Ice-cream in Berlin (in the Potsdammer Place) is marginally better than ice-cream in Eindhoven and Enschede
- The Podium has electronically powered risers – and in a semi circle shape. Perfect for the Vespers set-up
- Breakfast in the hotel Maritim is almost as tasty as the Wolseley in London.
- It is possible to carry a bunch of flowers from Enschede to Berlin to London Heathrow (on 2 planes and numerous buses) without them dying. Thanks Rob 🙂
(pics to follow!)
Ceri and Megan, Projects Director and Projects Manager